Wednesday 11 November 2015

Younis Khan decides to retire from one day international cricket



Pakistan seasoned batsman and the leading Test run-getter of the country Younis Khan has announced his exit from One Day Internationals (ODI) on Wednesday following disagreement over his inclusion in the ODI team. Younis said that he would play his last one day international match today against England in Abu Dhabi. He said that I am feeling proud to announce my retirement and I made consultation with my close friends and family members before making this decision. He added that I played positive cricket for the country in one-days and now I feel it is time for me to quit limited overs cricket.


The veteran batsman further said that he expects the young player who comes in my place will continue the custom I have established that is never comprise over discipline and fitness. He thanked his team-fellows and management for extending their cooperation throughout his career. According to news Younis Khan informed the management of PCB about his retirement before the one-dayer against England. Younis Khan said he will not play the remaining matches of the series. He said it is not easy decision always for a player to retire and I played my cricket sincerely and with discipline and I can see future of Pakistan is bright. The seasoned batsman declared his retirement after a controversy over his inclusion in the one-day squad against England.


Pakistan recalled him last week for series against England since he played a ODI in the World Cup in March 2015. The senior batsman has been enjoying record-setting form in Test cricket since 2013 but could not find permanent place in the ODI squad and has played just 11 matches in the past 2.5 years. Younis Khan will be playing his last game nearly after 16 years since he made his debut against Sri Lanka in Karachi in February 2000. Younis Khan has smashed 7 hundreds and 48 half-centuries in his total 7,240 runs for One Day Internationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment